Vinh T. Tran, Google+
Destination weddings/ marriage abroad/overseas are legally recognized in Canada. Getting married in foreign countries may require specific documents to be submitted or presented confirming there are no legal impediments to the marriage. At minimum the following documents and procedures must be followed depending on the laws of a particular country:1. A certificate declaration of non-impediment for marriage abroad - a sample template can be requested from my office. The certificate declaration may need to be translated or written in both English and the Foreign language. Within this declaration, the following information must be included:
- Citizenship identification information - exp. notarized copy of passport and/or citizenship card
- If applicable, details regarding any divorce and widowhood including particular dates - exp. notarized copy of the divorce papers or death certificate.
- Names and dates of births of the couple - exp. notarized copy of birth certificates.
- Professions of the couple
- Names and contact information of verifiers regarding the relationship, witnesses or consent from parents of the couple.
- Proposed date and location of the wedding celebration.
- If applicable, a space for witnesses and/or the officiant to sign confirming the marriage.
2. Once the certificate and the attached documents are notarized, you'll need to contact the consulate or embassy regarding whether they wanted the documents authenticated first by the Official Documents Services
or by the Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada
, or whether the respective embassy would just accept the notarized copies and bypassing the authentication process.
3. Bring the authenticated or legalized package to your destination wedding in case you need to show to customs.
Toronto Mobile Lawyer and Notary Public $13.28/$8.85 providing GTA House Call Notary Public and Commissioner of Oaths Services – Google/Bing/Yahoo/Craigslist/Kijiji Search and Find Results: The City of Toronto Notary Public, Scarborough Notary Public, Markham Notary Public, Brampton Notary Public, Burlington Notary Public, Richmond Hill Notary Public, North York Notary Public, Etobicoke Notary Public, Maple Notary Public, Mississauga Notary Public, Vaughan Notary Public, King City Notary Public, Pickering/Ajax Notary Public, Whitby Notary Public. Affordable, Discounts, Downtown Notary Toronto Dufferin Mall Notary Public $13.28 Weekends and Late Evening Services. FREE Sample Templates, 101 on Notarization, Authentication, Legalization and Apostille | Consent to Travel Notary Public Toronto | Name Change Application Commissioner for Taking Affidavits Toronto| Passport Certification Notarization Notary Public Toronto $13.28 Common Law Union Statutory Declaration Commissioner of Oaths Toronto | Certified True Copies Notary Public with Toronto Red Seal Notary Public Stamps vs. Toronto Gold Seal Stickers| Vehicle Transfer Family Gift Notary Public Toronto | Letter of Invitation Notarization Toronto | Weekend – Sunday – Saturday notary public Toronto Consent to Travel Letter Notary Public Toronto | Visitor Visa Invitation Letter Notary Public Toronto Notarization Red Seal Notary Public Stamp vs. Notary Public Gold Seal Stickers $13.28 | Foreign Divorce Legal Opinion Letter $200-$300 Marriage Licence Application Ontario Commissioner of Oaths Common Law Union Statutory Declaration Toronto | Name Change Application Form Notary Public Toronto | PNP Notary Public Commissioner of Oaths Toronto | CPSO Medicine Corporation Renewal Annual Declaration Notary Public | Certified True Copy Notary Public Toronto Notarization | Used Vehicle Transfer Declaration Notary Public Toronto | Criminal Background Check Clearance Letter Notary Public Toronto |Hospital and Nursing Home Visit Notary Public